This course contains everything to start working as a web pentester. You will learn about exploitation techniques, tools, methodologies, and the whole process of security assessments. It is absolutely hands-on, you will do all the attacks in your own pentest environment using the provided applications. The targets are real open-source software. You will have to work hard but at the end you will be able to do web security assessments on your own.
- Developers who want to secure their web applications.
- People who want to become penetration tester.
- Penetration testers who want extend their portfolio to web applications.
- Anybody who work in IT or studies it and is interested in web hacking.
- Students need to have IT background.
- Virtual machines are used in the course, a user level understanding of VMWare or Virtualbox is needed.
I hack stuff for fun and profit, at the moment at Siemens AG in Germany. I was also an external consultant for various companies in insurance, banking, telco or even car production. When I have some free time I also talk at conferences.
Here my goal is to put my knowledge and experience in a form which is useful for others, to save you the time, which I spent to acquire all this knowledge from different sources.